Here is a quick top ten list of some the best parenting advice we have heard:
1. When people ask if your child sleeps through the night, just lie and say yes. It helps you avoid all that unwanted sleep advice.
2. Ask for help. Accept help when offered.
3. There is no such thing as a perfect Mum.
4. When you do get stressed ask yourself will this be important in tomorrow or even in ten minutes.
5. It’s OK not to love every single stage of child-rearing.
6. Don’t try to accomplish too much in any given day. Aim for one thing: a trip to the shops, cleaning the kitchen, take a nice walk. But not all three.
7. Don’t always rely on your baby book, you can read your baby better than anyone.
8. You’ll never look back regret all this time you are spending with baby.
9. Buy a pair of nice cotton pajamas and wear them for two weeks after birth to remind your family that you’re still recovering.
10. Don’t compare your chaotic, sleepless life to other Mums who ‘seem’ to be doing so much better.